Sunday, March 5, 2017

Too Rigid For Television?

Within the past 10 years or so television has declined to a state of almost complete immorality.  A large percentage of content is now pushing the homosexual agenda including kid shows.  The problem is not just on cable, the same garbage is found on broadcast networks.  News reports, sports commentary, even the commercials are full of the same filth.  

In my household we have 2 televisions connected to a rooftop antenna and Nintento Wii game systems that provide easy access to Netflix and other streaming media.  The rooftop antenna captures about 30 channels of HD content from the local broadcast networks.  Children are not allowed to turn a TV on without parental consent and continuous supervision.

Most of the time the TVs are off in the house but they are on for video games, streaming content, and occasionally broadcast network news or other programming.  While this is not a perfect solution it is one that works for my family given the pervasive immoral content.  In this way I am able to teach my children about the content which they will surely be exposed to elsewhere. 

So I am not "too rigid for television" but I do believe it can be dangerous.  Sadly it is no more dangerous than what kids might experience in public.  For those who have decided to eliminate television I understand, but I do not agree with the sagacity of keeping their children away from families that allow TVs.  I knew kids who grew up without a TV in their home and it did not prevent them from spiritual harm as adults.

No comments: